Delegate bookings are now closed. We are operating a reserve list, please fill out the information required below and we will be in touch soon.
Safeguarding Event : vulnerable adults
- When: 17th January 2013
- Where: Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8UH Tel: 01473 707110
- Times: Refreshments and registration 8.45am - 9.15am
- Start 9.15am, end 16.30pm includes lunch
- Click here to download a PDF of the advertising poster
- This conference is free of charge
Safeguarding is everyone’s business - how do we ensure we are safeguarding our most vulnerable adults?
The aim of this conference is to inform and share knowledge on a range of safeguarding topics. This conference is for all those working in statutory and non-statutory agencies, for whom safeguarding is an everyday responsibility.
The conference features keynote speakers including:-
- Margaret Flynn is the author of the recently published Serious Case Review concerning Winterbourne View Hospital which purported to offer assessment and treatment to adults with learning disabilities and autism. The SCR was triggered by the broadcast of BBC's Panorama 'Undercover care - the abuse exposed' during May 2011. Margaret Flynn chairs the Lancashire County Council's Safeguarding Adults Board and is the Joint Editor of the Journal of Adult Protection with Bridget Penhale. Since Chairing the Steven Hoskin Serious Case Review, Margaret has chaired and authored reviews concerning the murders of care leavers, institutional abuse and self-neglect.
- Michael Preston-Shoot, was appointed Professor of Social Work in May 2003. Head of the Department of Applied Social Studies from 2003 to 2005. In November 2005 he was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences at the University of Bedfordshire. Michael is also the Independent chair of Luton's Adult Safeguarding Board. He has published works on social care and the law, in particular issues around the safeguarding of adults and self-neglect.
- Bridget Penhale, is a reader in Mental health of Older People at the UEA, plus joint editor of the Journal of Adult Protection with Margaret Flynn. Bridget has published works in domestic abuse and the elderly, safeguarding vulnerable adults and institutional violence amongst other areas.
- Bal Kaur Howard, Project and Performance Officer in Suffolk Police, Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage.
- Paula Youell, Head of Adult Safeguarding Suffolk County Council, and an active member of the Suffolk Safeguarding Adult Board.
If you have any questions about this event please email email@example.com or telephone Greta on 01603 421619