Patients' Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
We’re here to help when you need advice, have concerns or are not sure where to turn for help.
As a service user, relative or carer you may sometimes need to turn to someone for advice, support and information. This is where PALS can help. PALS staff provide confidential advice, information and support, helping you to answer any questions you may have about our services or about any mental health matters. They can also signpost you to other services which might be helpful to you.
- Offers a confidential service
- Advises and supports service users, their families and other carers
- Helps sort out problems on behalf of the enquirer
- Gives information about the NHS and other services
- Provides information and leaflets on a wide range of topics related to mental health
- Attends events to promote mental health information in the community
PALS staff act independently when dealing with service users' and carers' concerns. Where necessary we will seek the individual’s consent if we need to liaise with Trust staff, and if appropriate, other organisations. Our staff also put service users in contact with mental health advocacy services to ensure that they receive appropriate support when needed. We provide leaflets and other health information at the various hospital sites and have Resource Rooms located at:
- Carlton Court, near Lowestoft
- Northgate Hospital, Great Yarmouth
- Julian Hospital, Norwich
- Kingfisher House, Hellesdon Hospital, Norwich
- Fermoy Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn
- Resource Rooms are currently being developed in Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds
The PALS Resource Rooms also have computers available for those who wish to access the internet. A strict policy is in place to safeguard against inappropriate use. We deal with enquiries by email, telephone or in person by prior appointment.
How to contact us:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Norfolk PALS Office tel: 01603 421191 or BT Freephone: 0800 279 7257 (calls from mobiles and other providers may charge) between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday - outside these hours you can leave a message on the PALS voicemail which we aim to respond on the next working day
- For the Suffolk PALS Office tel: 0800 585544
- In writing: PALS Office, Hellesdon Hospital, Drayton High Road, Norwich NR6 5BE